Complete the required course on the protection of human subjects (this is the new iRIS training program).
You may want to complete the self-evaluation for doing a SoTL project.
An online tutorial to help you get started doing SoTL work.
Access the GSU revised model Informed Consent Form.
Three examples of research protocols for SoTL projects:
- An anecdotal or case study protocol (coming soon)..
- An investigation of relationships among existent data (coming soon).
- An investigation of a classroom intervention (coming soon)
that Georgia Board of Regents’ Policy supports Scholarship of Teaching and Learning as scholarship and the BOR Academic Handbook specifies in the section of Evaluation of Faculty that SoTL work is recognized and rewarded as scholarship and examples of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Scholarship of Engagement, and Scholarship of Discovers.
Craig Nelson’s description of the various genre of SoTL work (an older article but his ideas are still valid).
- GA Board of Regent’s Excellence in Teaching Awards
- Mike Metzler’s portfolio for the 2012 Excellence in SoTL award
- 2012 Kris Acheson-Clair & Gayle Nelson, Applied Linguistics and ESL
- 2010 Carol Sargent & Faye Borthick — Accountancy
- 2009 Wendy P. Guastaferro — Criminal Justice
- 2008 Andi Curcio — College of Law
- 2007 Milind Shrihande — Finance and Library
- 2012 Iman Chahine, Middle-Secondary Education and Instructional Technology
- 2011 Steven Harmon — Middle-Secondary Education and Instructional Technology
- 2008 Carol Sargent — School of Accountancy
- 2006 Gayle Nelson — Applied Linguistics
- The dilemma of doing SoTL work vs. disciplinary scholarship
- Why university students don’t read: What professors can do to increase compliance
- Ed Nuhfer, The knowledge survey: A tool for all reasons
- How Learning Works (digital book in GSU Library–only one user at a time)
- Student Engagement Techniques (digital book in GSU Library)
- Indiana University’s list of SoTL Journals
- Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- The International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- GSU’s Digital Archive on SoTL